Fluor Lead Buyer in Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Job Title Lead Buyer
To be Considered Candidates: Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
Job Description This position serves as an office lead for non-project procurement or overall Project Expediting Lead or Senior Buyer, supervising personnel and handling critical material.
• Manage critical material orders and supervise personnel at a management level on a large Project
• Ensure personnel are properly inducted in Project specific procedures, systems, protocol, and responsibilities
• Lead functional/discipline training requirements for personnel, required to effectively execute their role on the Project
• Plan and execute the material planning, purchasing, or logistics associated with commodities or engineered equipment, systems, or materials in support of project operations and/or goods in support of office operations
• Assist in the handling of complex material planning, purchasing, logistics, or field purchasing functions or plans, and executes those functions within established Material Management Plans, policies, and procedures
• Procure engineered equipment and materials in accordance with the Material Management Plan
• Other duties as assigned
Basic Job Requirements • Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in applicable field of study and six (6) years of work-related experience or a combination of education and directly related experience equal to ten (10) years if non-degreed; some locations may have additional or different qualifications in order to comply with local requirements
• Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
• Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
• Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
• Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
Other Job Requirements • Make use of Fluor University courses for continued learning experiences
• Continue development by undertaking required in-house project management courses
• Utilize knowledge management communities to capture, support and leverage relevant knowledge to enhance project execution
• May participate at vendor trade shows and become familiar with the new technologies and industry business direction
Preferred Qualifications • Ability to communicate fluently in English (read, write, and speak)
• Working toward applicable professional certification(s) or license(s)
• Experience should be primarily in the area of material management
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent computer literacy and skills
• Good leadership and decision-making skills
Degree Required Yes
City (or Nearest City) Al Khobar
Country Saudi Arabia
Requisition Number 96080BR
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.