Fairmont Group Public Relations Manager in Makkah, Saudi Arabia
Group Public Relations Manager
**The Group Public Relations Manager will be involved in all aspects of marketing, including: setting the PR strategies, advertising, promotion, public / media relations, development, distribution, sponsorship and research..
Hotel Overview:Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel, is located only a few steps away from the Masjid Al Haraam and the Holy Ka’aba. This 76-story hotel, one of the world’s tallest, is the focal point of the Abraj Al Bait Complex, part of the King Abdul Aziz Endowment Project. The Hotel authentic hospitality is seen throughout 858 rooms.
*Summary of Responsibilities: *Reporting to Director of Communications & Business Development, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Planning, developing and implementing far-reaching and culturally sensitive public relations strategies for three brands: Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel, Raffles Makkah Palace and Swissotel Makkah.
- Lead and oversee the professional development of team members in the public relations department, and maintain an open, comfortable and efficient working environment.
- Developing positive relationships with local and regional media including responding to enquiries and pitching creative articles/stories covering all aspects of the hotels.
- Overseeing the writing and production of all public relations materials including press kits, press releases, speeches, publicity brochures, handouts, direct mail leaflets, promotional videos, photographs, films and multimedia projects.
- Conducting critical media audits for the three brands (offline and online).
- Planning and organizing the brands participation in all international events and exhibitions.
- Organizing diverse events including press conferences, exhibitions, open days and press tours.
- Maintaining and updating information on the all brands’ website, and overseeing social media activities.
- Sourcing and managing sponsorship opportunities.
- Commissioning market research.
- Fostering community relations through involvement in community initiatives and activities.
- Managing public relations aspect of a potential crisis situation
- 5-8 years of related experience in marketing/PR in international Luxury brands
- Experience in writing media releases in Arabic & English; Proven ability to work with media
- Proven ability in planning and implementing special events/fundraising; Strong organizational skill
- Excellent English & Arabic language skills
- Ability to travel from Jeddah to Makkah, depending on job requirements.
Visa Requirements: Candidate selection will be based on visa availability at Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation
Living & Working at Fairmont Makkah: Satisfying our Guests is important to us, and we extend these values to our colleagues as well. We offer competitive salaries, top market service charge, gratuities, quality medical benefits and furnished accommodation. It is important to note that there are currently no income taxes in the Saudi Arabia! Makkah Clock Royal Tower-A Fairmont Hotel offers you an unparalleled opportunity to provide top-tier hospitality and spiritual service to visitors of the holiest city in the world for Muslims. To find out more, please visit the following sites:
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visitwww.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: Kingdom of Saudi Arabia-Makkah-Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Management / Supervisory
Shift: Day Job
Closing Date: 04.Dec.2017, 11:59:00 PM
Req ID: MAK01306