Vinnell Arabia ARFF/Firefighter EMT-B (2nd shift, Truck 1) in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Oversees and manages the medical equipment in the vehicle he is assigned. Participates in training and drills dictated by the Station Captains and Lieutenants. Is responsible for the daily maintenance of his equipment and vehicle.
- Is responsible for fire suppression, rescue and medical emergencies at the MNG AVN OSEG Site.
- Oversees fire and medical equipment in readiness to respond to emergency situations at the MNG AVN OSEG Heliport (Riyadh).
- Ensures his equipment is ready to respond to all requests for emergency services (fire, EMS, special rescue).
- Prioritize support requirements to handle multiple simultaneous medical and fire emergencies.
- Maintain adequate resources and ensure they are maintained in proper operation and in a mission ready state at all times.
- Participate in weekly all hands fire department meetings with the fire chief.
- Maintains liaison with KAA fire department.
- Ability to effectively communicate with the customer in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written.
- As part of the selection process, a physical will be conducted. Candidates must have normal color discrimination, visual acuity correctable to 20/20 in one eye, 20/30 in the other eye and not more than 20/200, each eye, uncorrected. Candidates must not have any record of pyro phobia, acrophobia or claustrophobia.
- All other duties as assigned by the chief or lieutenants of the fire department.
B. Independence: Reports to the lieutenants, station captains, fire chief and assistant chiefs of Aviation. Works within the rules and regulations of airfield flight operations and safety guidelines and applicable firefighting and emergency services guidelines. Has the authority to select and implement goals and objectives within the execution of duties and responsibilities of the fire department under the direction of the fire chief.
C. Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
A. Education Level: High School graduate required; associates degree or higher preferred. International Fire Service Accreditation Congress certification required. ARFF Firefighter, ARFF Driver Operator preferred, Emergency Medical Technician Basic (EMT-B) – Emergency Medical Technician Certification issued by a State Agency or the National Registry preferred.
B. Experience: Minimum of 3 -years firefighting experience.
C. Specific knowledge, skill, and ability requirements: Expert knowledge of aircraft rescue and firefighting techniques, practices and equipment, as well as first aid and CPR. Considerable knowledge of the design and characteristics of military and civilian rotary wing aircraft. Considerable knowledge of exit and safety procedures of various military and civilian rotary wing aircraft, and structural fire/alarm detection / suppression systems. Ability to quickly perform and direct all functions in difficult and hazardous situations, without hesitation. Ability to comprehend and apply instructions and communicate information in a clear and concise manner. Ability to learn, apply and teach aircraft rescue and firefighting techniques and practices. Ability to lead in potentially dangerous situations and make quick and sound decisions. Ability to perform physically demanding work and withstand very hazardous conditions. Skill in the operation of aircraft rescue and firefighting equipment, tools and vehicles, including highly specialized firefighting apparatus. Possesses a valid Class B driver’s license.
Category: Aviation Training & Support