Fairmont Director, Operations in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Director of Operations
**Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a global hotel brand offering engaging service and authentically local experiences in places of unrivalled presence. Be an ambassador for the brand and your hotel as Director of Operations, where you will provide leadership and strategic planning to all departments in support of our service culture, maximized operations and guest satisfaction.
Located just north of the city, Fairmont Riyadh will be part of a new mixed-use development project comprising the hotel, a convention center and commercial real estate space that will house multinational corporations as well as regional companies. The hotel will feature 298 spacious guestrooms, including Fairmont Gold. Guests will enjoy a selection of dining venues as well as spa and fitness facilities. The convention center comprises 4,000 square meters of meeting and function space.
Summary of Responsibilities:Reporting to the Manager Position Title, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Support the General Manager in the overall management and strategic direction of the hotel, assuming the responsibilities of the General Manager in their absence
- Oversee the operations functions of the hotel, including but not limited to Food and Beverage and Rooms Division
- Lead and support all departments in the achievement of their financial and operational targets through establishment of a positive culture, clear expectations and policy & procedural implementation
- Assist in the preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the hotel's annual Operating Budget, Marketing & Sales Plan and Capital Budget
- Ensure that monthly financial outlooks for Rooms and Food & Beverage are on time, on target and accurate
- Ensure full compliance to Hotel operating controls
- Actively involved in the recruitment process of leadership positions within the operating departments
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience in a senior leadership role, within a similar hotel brand required
- Preferably Arabic speaking with resort areas experience.
- Extensive Hotel operations experience required
- Demonstrated knowledge of budget planning and financial controls
- Computer literate in Microsoft Windows applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
*Visa Requirements: *
Eligible candidate will be provided visa to have work permit required as per the local law.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: Kingdom of Saudi Arabia-Riyadh-Fairmont Riyadh
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Senior Leadership / Executive
Shift: Day Job
Closing Date: 08.Aug.2017, 10:59:00 PM
Req ID: RIY00369