Bechtel Corporation Field Engineer- Mechanical Job in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Requisition ID: 188790
SSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Assists construction superintendents in planning construction methods and procedures. Coordinates and resolves engineering or construction problems with superintendents.
2. Interprets design engineering drawings and prepares construction working drawings for the use of superintendents as required, including:
a. Temporary construction facilities.
b. Field sketches of revisions and additions and preparing “as built” drawings.
3. Reviews design drawings, related vendor drawings and installation instructions and studies interference problems.
4. Prepares or directs preparation of field material purchase requisitions, including estimating the quantities and material takeoffs of the field purchases of materials. Tracks commodities on quantity tracking systems or other computer database programs as required.
5. Assists in coordination of vendor material deliveries, storage of materials, expediting and engineering reports related to the schedule.
6. Prepares projections and schedules for workforce, material and equipment requirements.
7. Prepares field change notices/requests, extra work orders and back charge notices.
8. Reviews the progress of project controls documents. Ensures the project controls programs are fully automated for use in the field.
9. Prepares cost estimates and reviews project design and engineering bills of materials to ensure their completeness.
10. Maintains records of costs and quantity information, evaluates data and prepares applicable reports as requested by project management utilizing established, standardized automation tools.
11. Monitors the activities of subcontractors to ensure compliance with drawings and specifications.
12. Administers change notices and amendments. Audits contractor requests for progress payments.
13. Maintains updated subcontractor schedules, as assigned.
14. Monitors installation of materials and equipment to assure conformance with drawings and specifications.
15. Provides input to constructability and lessons learned.
16. May be required to provide input on employee reviews of assigned subordinate personnel.
Knowledge of a single technical engineering discipline, contracts administration and/or cost and scheduling relating to the construction of heavy industrial projects.
Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet and database applications in accordance with current Bechtel Standard Application Program (BSAP) standards.
Awareness of environmental compliance laws and requirements.
Knowledge of Bechtel’s “Zero Accident” safety program.
Familiarity with current industry quality standards.
This knowledge is normally acquired through:
A recognized Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or scientific discipline coupled with work experience leading to a basic understanding of the technical knowledge described above, OR,
A recognized Master’s degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, OR
Specialized courses in construction management, contract law or mathematics and work experience leading to a basic understanding of the technical knowledge described above
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.