VMware Implementation Consultant Mobility Practice in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Due to rapid growth and increased demand for our award-winning MDM software solutions, AirWatch is actively seeking an Implementations Consultant based in Saudi Arabia.
As an Implementation Consultant, you will be responsible for supporting the successful delivery of VMware AirWatchTM, an enterprise management software solution designed for use in a variety of customer environments. You will work directly with the client and other team members on the day-to-day tasks involved with the implementation of the VMWare AirWatch solution including: customer assessment, system configuration, testing, training, and troubleshooting/issues resolution. Our Professional Services Organisation offers tremendous room for growth in multiple career paths such as Product Management, Product Marketing, and Sales Engineering.
• Lead server installations with the AirWatchTM console, including all relevant 3rd party technical components
• Lead mobile data terminal, client software installation and configuration activities
• Support both mobile application and console implementation efforts, including application configuration, testing, and issue resolution, both on-site at the client location and remotely
• Lead end-user training efforts, including creation of user documentation and hands-on training exercise(s), for both operational and technical users
• Support and / or lead multiple customer implementations concurrently
• Provide VMWare AirWatchTM solution feedback to our Software Development team to allow for continuous product improvement based on internal and external product experiences
• Support AirWatchTM software quality assurance activities, including testing and documentation of product issues
• Establish clear, accurate project timelines and schedules; Monitor progress against schedule; build in and execute contingency plans as necessary.
• Proactively troubleshoot and resolve issues that arise during implementation.
• Update and maintain project issues list, which includes prioritising issues
• Actively seek out opportunities to teach others; coach team members to achieve higher performance
• Experience with server configuration a plus: Windows Server 2012, Linux Forms (CentOS, Red Hat, OpenSuse), Web server platforms (IIS, Apache)
• Understanding of mobile device communication and web application structure
• Strong understanding of specific mobile device platforms preferred
• Experience in Product Management, Project Management, or Change Management preferred
• Technical design and documentation experience preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; is able to explain technical topics in simple terms; is able to think quickly and react to client-impacting situations
• Technical and creative problem solving skills
• Ability to adapt to a dynamic environment
• Ability to complete tasks with limited direction
• Interest in mobile device community and leading mobility technology
• Takes initiative to successfully complete projects and promote company advancement
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Must be comfortable with up to 40% travel when required.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.