Fairmont Repair & Maintenance Engineer in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Repair & Maintenance Manager
The R&M; Engineer will work under the supervision of Assistant Director of Engineering This position requires a Multi skills knowledge with minimum 3 years hospitality experience. The R&M; Engineer should have a strong Engineering background with good knowledge of both mechanical and electrical engineering including Building maintenance works.
Located just north of the city, Fairmont Riyadh will be part of a new mixed-use development project comprising the hotel, a convention center and commercial real estate space that will house multinational corporations as well as regional companies. The hotel will feature 298 spacious guestrooms, including Fairmont Gold. Guests will enjoy a selection of dining venues as well as spa and fitness facilities. The convention center comprises 4,000 square meters of meeting and function space.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Incharge of the R&M; section, including maintenance of the guest rooms, all public areas, back of house and exterior of Hotel. Supervise the R&M; staffs working direct under him, carpenter,
Painter/polisher/Mason/Upholster/Handyman and others staffs as designated under him.
Implement effective P.M programme for Guest Rooms, Public Areas, Restaurants, and back of House areas including building exterior.
- Deliver a good quality of services according to professional standards.
- Daily supervise, coordinate and support all technicians on duty.
- Make a report of engineering activities including incidents, safety issues and internal requests.
- Maintain high staff morale and team spirit within the department
- Establish, maintain and implement five star service levels
- Create and implement colleague-training initiatives.
- Implement and train on all service standards.
- Adhere to all budget guidelines.
- Work together with other department’s representative to maintain a good level of Guest Service.
- Monitor and analyze energy consumption.
- Conduct training when needed.
- Conduct job performance assessment of engineering staff working under his supervision.
- Manage and Control stocks of engineering warehouse.
- Ensure clean safe and healthy work environment including but not limited to technical plants, engineering offices and workshops.
- Attend and participate in the daily engineering meetings.
- Maintain staff log book up dated.
- Conduct pre-service briefing.
- Other duties as assigned by deputy director of engineering.
- Ensure adherence to Fairmont’s code of ethics.
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
5 years’ experience in hotel engineering operations or building maintenance.
Multi skills technician with strong knowledge of Electricity, Plumbing, HVAC and low Current.
Degree or diploma in Engineering or Technical field.
Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities require.
Must be a highly organized person with strong planning skills.
Must be adaptable and handle last minute changes positively.
Arabic and English speaking a strong asset.
Visa Requirements:Eligible candidate will be provided visa to have work permit required as per the local law
APPLY TODAY:Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visitwww.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: Kingdom of Saudi Arabia-Riyadh-Fairmont Riyadh
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Management / Supervisory
Shift: Day Job
Closing Date: 11.Sep.2017, 10:59:00 PM
Req ID: RIY00373