Vinnell Arabia Senior Manager, Logistics Training Division in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Directs, manages, supervises and administers the operations and activities of the Logistics Training Division (LTD). Responsible to the Director of Training (DOT) for the overall direction and management of individual and collective logistics training and support activities in support of the Office of the Program Manager - Saudi Arabia National Guard Modernization Program (OPM) and Ministry of the National Guard (MNG) goals and objectives within prescribed priorities, time limitations, and funding.
- Directs, manages, supervises and administers the operations and activities of the approximately 350 man multi-cultural, multi-functional logistics oriented Division whose contractual Performance Work Statement (PWS) and Contract Deliverable (CDRL) responsibilities focus on sustainment, sustainment training and support services in a complex and demanding environment.
- Continually works to improve efficiencies, manage costs and develop solutions for the best execution of the Division's PWS Tasks and CDRLs while simultaneously supervising its day-to-day administrative activities.
- Synchronizes the Division's tactical, operational and strategic activities and goals within DOT guidance and operational framework.
- Is the DOT's Logistics Subject Matter Expert. Anticipates, develops and recommends suitable, acceptable, feasible, and sustainable logistics and logistics training solutions to the DOT, OPM and MNG. Implements those solutions or assists in implementing them when appropriate.
- Implements Vinnell Arabia policies, standard operating procedures, DOT and General Manager guidance and priorities.
- Frequently works with senior U.S. Army and MNG Officers.
- Works with the DOT to select, retain, and maintain credentialed, competent, current, and experienced work force that exceeds the job description requirements and showcases Vinnell Arabia as a Best Value.
- Perform other duties as directed by the DOT.
Independence: Performs duties under the supervision and guidance of the DOT; performs within broad objectives with significant choice of methods/procedures within Vinnell Arabia policy and standard operating procedures.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervises 6 subordinate Branches and the division headquarters; responsible for approximately 350 subordinate personnel consisting of U.S., Saudis, Other Country Nationals and Subcontractors.
Education Level: Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred. Command and General Staff College (or equivalent) graduate required, Senior Service College graduate preferred.
Experience: Ten years management experience in multi-discipline military logistics activities required. Former Centralized Select List Battalion Commander or Division G-4 (or equivalent) required, former Centralized Select List Brigade Commander (or equivalent) preferred.
Specific knowledge, skill, ability, requirements: Knowledge of logistics management policies and procedures; knowledge of training, planning, and development; knowledge of the U.S. Army or USMC logistics system; knowledge of management principles and techniques; ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; ability to deal effectively with diverse multi-cultural organizations and people. Valid U.S. driver’s license required.
Category: Logistics and Maintenance Training