Microsoft Corporation Services Delivery Manager in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Working at Microsoft
Empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. That’s what inspires us, drives our work and pushes us to challenge the status quo every day. At Microsoft, we also work to empower our employees so they can achieve more. We believe we should each find meaning in our work and we ensure employees have the freedom and the reach to help make a difference in the world.
Service Delivery Manager at Microsoft
A Service Delivery Manager is the primary technical point of contact for one or more Microsoft customers helping them to assess, plan, debug, and improve their infrastructure and business applications. In this role, you will work hand-in-hand with the customers to improve their IT landscape and to bring them to a new world based on our cloud solutions. With a responsibility to drive consumption of Cloud services, the successful candidate will define Premier support in a hybrid Cloud context and have excellent working relationships with other representatives of Microsoft account teams and the wider Microsoft business
The role will be focused on supporting key customers on Cloud solutions and requires a professional who is resourceful, confident under pressure, and has demonstrated knowledge in services, operational support, customer relationship management and business development.
The Service Delivery Manager is responsible for engagement delivery quality and customer satisfaction by structuring and managing deals through completion. This role has the responsibility of assembling the consulting delivery team and ensuring the team both structures and executes on the problem-solving methodology correctly and to the agreed budget.
The SDM is also an escalation point, ensuring the customer receives a world class support experience. He partners with other roles and the account team in Saudi Arabia to grow the Services business, also to ensure customer success in the acquisition, implementation, and usage/consumption of Microsoft’s cloud services. The SDM develops and expands strategic customer relationships to grow the Services business and drive larger impact for the customer.
• Manages engagement risk and delivery quality.
• Establishes the processes to support the engagement, including setting up charge codes, defining the project calendar, and defining deliverable acceptance and reporting procedures. Project initiation also includes validating scope, conducting project kickoff and holding Conditions of Satisfaction (COS) discussions with stakeholders.
• Tracks the performance of the engagement, the quality of project deliverables and reports on the effectiveness of the engagement against the baseline plan.
• Builds his/her time into engagements as appropriate to allow for mitigation of engagement risk and to achieve the required level of billable utilization set by the business
• Defines in advance the acceptance criteria for each project deliverable, works with the team to establish delivery dates for each deliverable, and oversees the review of client deliverables to ensure they meet all client acceptance criteria, securing sign-off on each deliverable as defined in the SOW.
• Drives project governance including activities concerning issue escalation within the client organization and internal to Microsoft, change management processes, and addressing concerns raised in quality reviews with Microsoft stakeholders, partners, client stakeholders and respective steering committees.
If you can bring:
• Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
• 5+ years in an enterprise support environment, ideally within service delivery, with a strong understanding of corporate account support needs
•Strong Experience in client facing role with exceptional customer service and time management skills
•Ability to plan for and rise to a range of project and customer challenges
• Demonstrated collaborative spirit to working with Sales Executives to identify opportunities for new Services thru existing and new customer delivery relationships.
• Experience in leading a virtual community in ascertaining customer business & IT priorities and setting long-term strategy for service delivery that aligns to business objectives.
• Ability to produces value-based outcomes for customers whilst overseeing/supporting services delivered by our Global delivery team.
• Capability to prioritizing strategic business objectives, performing bottom-up business planning and quarterly delivery account reviews
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• ITIL and PMP Certification would be a plus
• Fluency in English…
Microsoft has always been about recognizing the value that different life experiences and viewpoints bring to our business. We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and encourage them to take risks and approach challenges unconventionally. Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.