Bechtel Corporation Sr. Contracts Engineer Job in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Requisition ID: 191100
Manages site (sub)contract operations to ensure the effective administration of (sub)contracts. Responsible for implementation of the Standard Work Process Procedures and automated (sub)contract management systems. Responsible for the training of personnel assigned to support (sub)contract administration.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
1. Responsible for the development and implementation of a (Sub)contract Management Program for the project consistent with the Standard Work Process Procedures and the Subcontract/Contract Management Manual.
2. Analyze the (sub)contract general terms and conditions to highlight areas of risk such as ambiguities, conflicts or deviations from the scope of work. As work proceeds, make recommendations to the Site Manager on the mitigation of these risks; closely monitor and support remedial actions and recommend appropriate tradeoffs.
3. Responsible for the development and management of appropriate mechanisms to monitor compliance with (sub)contract terms and conditions.
4. Responsible for working with the other Project Team members to ensure that Bechtel or customer related actions or inactions which could result in constructive (sub)contract changes are identified and make recommendations on their resolution.
5. Responsible for the development and management of a procedure to recognize and identify (sub)contract claims as they develop and manage the timely resolution under the changes provisions wherever possible, obtaining claims and legal expertise as appropriate.
6. Maintain a working relationship with Construction, Engineering, Procurement, Legal and Risk Management to facilitate organizational interfaces between those performing (sub)contract administration.
7. Provide Site Manager with reviews and analysis of the (sub)contract financial data.
8. Responsible for adherence to (sub)contract insurance provisions and to ensure implementation of any requirements in this regard with Regional and Corporate Risk Management personnel.
Degree in Business, Quantity Surveying, Law, Engineering, Construction Management or Cost Engineering desirable.
Experience and courses in pricing, contract law, contract drafting, administration and negotiation of change orders, effective correspondence, planning and scheduling
Thorough knowledge of (sub)contract administration, home office and field procedures and documents relating to a multi-discipline construction project
Direct experience in the function of managing workload distribution and execution of the work as well as personnel interviews, selection, salary planning, classification changes, performance evaluation, career counseling, transfers and terminations
Working knowledge of engineering/construction industry contracting practices, applicable government and commercial regulations and practices, and Bechtel policies, procedures and work practices
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.