Alstom TSY T&C Engineer in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Location: Riyadh, 01, SA
Job Title & Purpose
Purpose of the Job
HV, LV, traction & Auxiliary Power supply equipment’s test & commissioning including resources subcontractor organisation.
The HV, LV, traction & Auxiliary Power supply consists of, but is not limited to:
-Traction substations and DC power cables laying.
-AC HV & LV Switching and distribution cubicles, transformers, control command and protection panels.
-DC Switching and distribution cubicles, rectifiers, control command and protection panels.
Position in the Organisation
POS Line T&C Manager or T&C Manager POS
This post reports hierarchically to ‘See Responsibilities’
Implementation of the necessary organisation to enable the delivery, check installation, test & commissioning, works achievement in the optimal conditions: performances, quality and health and safety.
• Weekly works progress program control and associated reports.
• Client complaints follow-up (non conformity forms)
• QC and EHS indicators
The Engineer T&C reports directly to the POS Line T&C Manager/T&C Manager and is in charge of making sure that the relevant equipment are installed & tested in conformity with the Basic and Detail Designs, the T&C procedures, the QA/QC system, the Time Schedule in place and forecasted cost
His duties include also the necessity to co-ordinate on all technical aspects with the POS Line T&C Manager, the Engineering team and his team of Detail Design, and with the procurement teams.
The T&C Engineer is required to participate on the preparation of the Time Schedule & to create T&C procedures.
Realize commissioning follow T&C Manager instructions, to respect all safeties requirements & rules EHS.
To implement his task, the T&C Engineer is responsible for defining the necessary resources (human and material/tools etc…).
During the commissioning, the T&C Engineer is required to organise the tasks, in a competent and consistent way, so that all key activities are properly controlled:
• ensuring that TPS/LPS/PP testing & commissioning comply with the documents and that quality requirements and deadlines are met
• managing general weekly and daily schedules
• managing TPS/LPS/PP commissioning Subcontractor on site
• supervising works
• ensuring that works meet the requirements of the T&C documents
• ensuring that T&C procedures are followed
• collecting , checking and signing of related TPS / LPS/PP T&C Quality Records
• collecting and signing all teams daily reports
• organising the team under his authority
• ensuring that his team is efficient
• ensuring that safety rules are followed
• managing non-conformities relating to his activity
• collecting and signing daily reports relating to his activity and forwarding them to the POS Line T&C Manager
• Reporting to the POS Line T&C Manager on the progress of jobs with which he is concerned.
Electrical/ Construction diploma/degree
Desired Knowledge / Experience
Desired Knowledge / Experience
Minimum 5 years, as site T&C Engineer, in commissioning works.
Validated experience in electrical power system distribution test & commissioning.
Behavioural Skills / Competencies
Leadership, initiative and decision minded
Team spirit approach and good communication skills
Technical Skills & Competencies
Good knowledge of the traction and auxiliary energy distribution system, in terms of installation, T&C.
Good knowledge of the other activities, upstream to electrical power system distribution installation such as civil works and electromechanical industrial equipment’s.
Good understanding of electrical power system distribution design.
Test & Commissioning activities, measuring tools etc….)
Terms & Conditions
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
Job Segment: Supply, Procurement, Quality Assurance, Operations, Technology
Apply now »