General Electric Head of Planning and Cost Controls in Various, Saudi Arabia
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
This role is to lead the Project Controls function (planning and cost) for the unit, with both a managerial and operational expectation.
Leader of the Project Planning and Controls Team of the unit:
• Provides team leadership for the Project Controls of the unit, including staffing requirement / allocation, performance evaluation and employee growth/development, in coordination with the regional Project Controls Manager.
• Maximizes results for the business, through team management / team building, whilst delivering projects on time, within budget, in conformity with contracts and clients expectations.
• Provides technical leadership to planning and cost engineers, guarantees the quality of the deliverables on time, in compliance with Global Standards
• Maintain database of historical costs and schedule performance and productivity factors. Ensure consistency of budgets and schedules developed from tender stage
• Is the single point of contact with the Regional Project Controls Manager
• Is responsible for the overall performance of the Project planning and Controls function of the Unit
Responsible for planning and cost on complex projects:
• Builds ITO integrated schedules and cost estimates
• Support PM to align project planning and budgets to as sold
• Build OTR project schedule and project budgeting, get them approved (baselined) and set them up in schedule and cost tools
• Ensures compliance to the Global Standard process for Project Controls
• Maintain project schedule and cost forecast throughout project
• Analyse schedule and cost trends and provide forecasted schedule and cost to project team
• Maintain a register of potential schedule and cost risks
• Maintain a register of actual and committed costs
• Checks and controls time and cost movements, compares with current scope and progress as well as with previous forecast. Also Compares with productivity factors and paces, validates accuracy of estimates
• Communicates schedule and cost status/forecasts/risk to functional cost owners and drives/supports risk mitigation
• Provides internal and external project reporting of project status, promotes the usage of collaborative tools such as Tableau, Unifier
• Collaborate with 3rd parties on project schedule and cost
• Attends project and management reviews to present all schedule and financial data in a transparent way
• Provides change order calculations to ensure schedule and cost estimates are accurate
• Updates changes in appropriate systems to ensure schedule and costs are aligned to the current situation
• Aligns with Finance Controller to ensure reconciliation takes place between approved project financial data and books
• Support project close out and claims
• Provide support to tenders
• Oversee the planning function on the project
• Generate single report
• Works closely with all Department Managers, Projects Team
• Efficiency and effectiveness of the project controls team.
• Alignment to established standards (WBS, CBS, process, procedures, tools usage)
• Reliability of planning progress status (% progress, dates) and forecast
• Reliability of cost budgets, actuals and forecast
• Collaboration with functional owners to find strategies to reduce time and cost
• All client coordination and implementing of planning process
• Comply with Quality Procedures, work instructions and Processes in ebook and on site
• Report or resolve any non-conformances and process in a timely manner.
• Report to the Client as per Client Requirements
Health and Safety
• Demonstrate commitment to safety through participation in formal and informal discussions
• Adhere to all safe working procedures in accordance with instructions
• Ensure safety work instructions are complied
• Participate in the resolution of safety issues.
• Initiate actions to improve health and safety where needed
• Cost and schedule performance of projects
• Schedule and cost forecast quality
• Timeliness of reporting
Engineering degree (plus financial / cost estimate training).
Experience and Knowledge
10+ years in turnkey projects, 5+ years as lead project controls, providing cost controlling and/or cost estimate on large turnkey projects
Technical skills / competencies:
• Planning and Scheduling
• Cost estimating and forecasting
• Project Accounting & Controlling
• Local GAAP awareness
• Data handling skills (Excel, SAP…)
• Commercial awareness
• Communication (English language a must)
• Proactive attitude
• Thorough and precise
Locations: Saudi Arabia; Jeddah, Riyadh
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.