U.S. Army Security Assistance Command IT Specialist (INET) in United States
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
These positions are located in Eskan Village, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Eskan Village is a joint military SAO community, housing military and DoD civilian personnel. The installation (secure compound) is a unique setting that supports military, civilians, local hires and a limited expatriate community. Deals with high ranking Military and Civilians on a daily occurrence and tact and decorum are of utmost importance. The weather can be hot and dry with extreme heat in the summer months and mild winters. Dust storms may occur at any time. For information about our organization, visit our public website at http://www.army.mil/opm-sang.
Recruitment, relocation, retention, and Student Loan Repayment incentives may be authorized depending on eligibility.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army
- Current Department of Defense (DOD) - Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employee (other than DOD)
- Former Federal Employee, eligible for Reinstatement
- Eligible under Veterans' Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
- Eligible under Veterans with a service-connected disability of 30% or more
- Eligible for overseas Military Spouse Preference
- Eligible for overseas Family Member Preference
- Eligible for NAF/AAFES Interchange Agreement
- Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
- Eligible for Excepted Service Overseas Family Member Appointment (FMNP)
- Serves as the Developer, administrator and technical expert within OPM-SANG for development, design, management, and improvement of internal and external SharePoint Portal (Portal), public WWW site, official Social Media sites, and a variety of other Web-based activities.
- Develops Portal in response to customer requirements not addressed by SharePoint's intrinsic functionality, often requiring knowledge and expertise in scripting language.
- Creates or modifies Web parts and database-driven components, including document libraries, dashboards, and work flows.
- Manages, monitors and sustains systems; repairs server hardware, PCs, peripheral equipment; and installs, maintains and sustains server and application software.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots a variety of military networks.
- Develops, recommends, and implements Portal and Web security features.
- Provides recommendations on a variety of Web-related topics to the Chief, OPM-SANG G6/Information Management Office.
- Develops new or modified administrative program policies, regulations, goals or objectives.
- Occasional Travel
- Business Travel is required 5% of the time
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) may be authorized
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Status Candidates, VEOA eligibles, Military Spouses, Overseas Family Members, and Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) Eligibles
Questions? This job is open to 3 groups.
- Must be able to satisfy the requirements of the 26JUL12 DODI 1400.25 V1230:
- Visit http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/140025v1230.pdf
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
- Position is designated as Emergency Essential
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Specialized experience: To qualify, applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade/level (GS-11). Specialized experience is defined as: 1) In depth experience in the application of principles and methods related to Internet design principles, Web technologies, and standard graphics mark-up languages; 2) experience with DoD, DA and related policies, requirements and guidelines concerning IT services to properly provide support and advice; AND 3) in-depth experience with Share Point Services, Internet Web Presentation software, and browser software.
IT Related experience demonstrating the following: 1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail. 2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services. 3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately. 4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
Skill in SharePoint Portal Management
Knowledge of Portal and Web Security
Skill in User Support
Competency in ICE and Social Media Management
Ability to Provide Management/Administration
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a permanent General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the [next lower or second lower] grade (or equivalent).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Position is designated as Emergency Essential in support of mobilization and wartime mission. Employee will be required to remain in the overseas position in the event of hostilities or mobilization until released by proper authority.
- A medical examination is required.
- Immunization screening is required.
- Possession of a valid state driver's license is required.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- Applicants must comply with the Exceptional Family Member Program requirements as outlined in the DoD Instruction 1315.19.
- U.S. citizens overseas under ordinarily resident status are not eligible for appointment under the Status of Forces Agreement.
- Locality pay does not apply in the overseas area.
- On this overseas accompanied tour, medical and DoDDS special education services may not be available in the immediate location of this position.
- In the overseas areas, access for civilian employees and their families to military medical and dental treatment facilities is on a space-available and reimbursable basis only. Medical care may be provided by host nation providers. The availability and level of care at host nation medical facilities will vary by location. Movement overseas may require you to initiate a change in your health benefits plan to ensure coverage.
- Pay retention may be offered to successful applicants for positions at overseas locations. For this provision to apply to employees already overseas, the selected individual would have to require a permanent change of station move and would have to be selected as a result of a recruitment effort that had been extended outside of the overseas command involved.
- US Applicants contemplating employment in overseas locations are advised that any temporary absences from the US to an overseas location (for vacations, TDY, or short visits, etc.) after applying for a position while in the US will automatically alter an applicant's LQA eligibility. Physical presence in the US from the time of application until and including the date of acceptance of the job offer is required.
- For positions in a foreign country, that country's laws or international agreements may have a direct impact on the ability of an employee's same sex domestic partner or spouse to accompany the employee and receive certain benefits. If you believe you may be affected by these laws and agreements, you should familiarize yourself with relevant information before applying for or accepting this position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- The initial length of this overseas tour is 1 year unaccompanied or 2 years accompanied tour (pending availability of housing and command approval), adult family members only IAW PDUSD (P&R;) memo of 17 Jul 08 and 7 Aug 08 JFTR/JTR appendix Q change notification (effective 18 Jul 08).
- Candidates initially selected from the U.S. may be eligible for certain foreign area benefits.
- FULL-TIME U.S. CONUS HIRES ON A TRANSPORTATION AGREEMENT - OPM-SANG/USMTM Positions: Candidate hired from CONUS are authorized the following foreign allowances (subject to change without notice): 15% Post Allowance; 25% Post Differential; 25% Sunday Premium Pay for actual work performed on a Sunday; and Voluntary or Involuntary Separate Maintenance Allowance, if eligible; and 15 days of Home Leave. Work week is Sunday through Thursday. NOTE: These allowances are governed under the DSSR and subject to change with little or no notice.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 34 position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/474097300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-07-13 to 2017-07-26
Salary: $68,994 to $89,695 / per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 12
Series: 2210 Information Technology Management
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full Time
Job announcement number: EUJU171648111984938
Control number: 474097300