Hilton Cluster Chief Engineer in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
A Cluster Chief Engineer who must manage theengineering team efficiently, maintain all hotel operations, such that safety, security and compliance are ensured at the highest levels.Should have previous hotel chain, or public building experience. A good command of English & Arabic is important. Strong project management skills is essential.
Safety, Security & Environment – 30%
- Ensures hotel is being operated in a safe & effective manner.
- Ensures the correct implementation of Hilton Fire Life & Safety (FLS) testing procedures.
- Ensures the correct operation & maintenance of the hotels FLS systems.
- Ensures the correct implementation of all health and safety, energy control and management directives and that up-to-date records of all test certificates/licenses are kept.
- Ensures that all contractors and in-house employee’s carry out their work, in accordance with and adherence to company, local and regional health and safety at work criteria.
- Maintain contacts with local authorities such as fire department, electricity supply company, health inspectors, etc., to ensure that all requirements are being complied with and that assistance or advice will be readily available whenever required.
- Holds regular meetings on energy conservation, fire training, employee communications and health & safety.
- Reports environmental performance through dedicated IT systems and in POMEC reports.
- Ensures all technicians have a good environmental understanding.
Maintenance – 30%
- Ensures the efficient operation & maintenance of all mechanical & electrical equipment.
- Ensures the correct upkeep of the building and grounds.
- Ensures operational equipment is being maintained effectively.
- Ensures the correct implementation of an effective “trouble reporting” system.
- Ensures an effective “planned preventative maintenance” system is in place for all M&E equipment.
- Allocation of duties to the appropriate engineering team/contractors.
- Operation of hotels BMS.
- Ensure that all records of maintenance and testing are being kept.
- Co-ordinates and supervises the work of service contractors to ensure that the terms of all such contracts for major plant and systems are fully implemented.
- Identify and recommend improvements where required.
Personnel – 10%
- In conjunction with Human Resources, interview and make recommendations on suitable technical personnel for employment.
- Identify coach and develop suitable personnel for possible future roles within the technical departments of the company.
- Executes organisational directives and encourages achievement of goals through motivation, communication and leadership.
- Supervision of contractors.
Budgeting & Procurement – 10%
- Prepare Capital, Repairs and Maintenance and Energy budgets for Engineering.
- Assist in the negotiation for consumables and service contracts, ensuring the best value for money is obtained.
- Ensure that adequate stock levels and spare part lists are in place.
Projects – 10%
- Gives relevant M&E input into capital projects.
- Management and administration of capital projects controlled at hotel level.
- Directs and implements controls and systems to ensure efficient and effective management of all utility and energy related activities
Controlling Activities – 10%
- To be aware of area & hotel financial targets, and assist in cost reduction methods where necessary.
- Production/updating of hotels 5 year capital and long-term plans.
- Complete and produce regular reports and statistics as required by hotel and area management.
- To be familiar with all Hilton policies.
- Directs and implements controls and systems to ensure efficient and effective management of all utility and energy related activities together with company environmental and suitability programs
- Monitor “Key Performance Indicators” for the engineering department and take corrective action, as required, to improve equipment inventory, quality audit, productivity and other objectives.
- Must be smart and presentable.
- Must be computer literate with BMS experience.
- Must have degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical).
- Should have minimum 5 years of experience on facilities management at similar size of operation.
- Must be able to converse to a good level of English & Arabic.
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service.
- Exposure to budgeting and basic accounting.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Advanced knowledge of building management/engineering.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work on their own.
What will it be like to work for Jeddah Hilton?
Jeddah Hilton and Waldorf Astoria Jeddah – Qasr Al Sharq, has a total of 15 meeting rooms in both properties, plus 2 large function halls; the Hilton hall with a floor area of 3,600 square metres and the Qasr Ballroom with; floor area of 2,407 square metres. The properties have 8 restaurants with different international cuisines, with 388 guest rooms and suites at the Jeddah Hilton and 38 ultra-luxurious suites at the Waldorf Astoria Jeddah – Qasr Al Sharq. Separate health fitness areas in both properties with well-equipped gymnasiums, 3 swimming pools and with diverse body and facial beauty treatments available.
Our vision: To fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality – by delivering exceptional experiences – every hotel, every guest, every time and to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Engineering, Maintenance and Facilities
Title: Cluster Chief Engineer
Requisition ID: HOT053WY