Ericsson Optimization Engineer-2 in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment and services to mobile and fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business and society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people and society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment where employees enhance their potential everyday. Our employees live our vision, core values and guiding principles. They share a passion to win and a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning and growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to reach your career goals.
The Optimization job role purpose is to improve the overall service quality to ensure business consistency.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Infrastructure Capacity, performance Analysis & solution definition
- Capacity & performance Improvement
- End-user Quality of Service Optimization
- Operation Services
- Operational Readiness
- Shared Solutions Services
- Presentation & communication skills
- Knowledge sharing
- Problem Solving & strategic thinking
- Delivering Results & Meeting Customer Expectations
- Deciding & Initiating Action
- Planning & Organizing
- Applying Expertise & Technology
- Presenting & Communicating Information
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- A minimum of 9 years work experience in RF Planning & Optimization for LTE/UMTS/GSM.
- 4-5 years good working knowledge and experience on LTE Optimization and RF design
- Having good previous LTE experience in TDD and FDD networks
Preferred Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
1.LTE Optimization expertise requirements:
- Carrying out daily optimization tasks and suggest measures to improve network
- accessibility and retainability KPI’s like CSSR, CS Drop rate, IRAT, PS KPIs, etc
- Perform periodic parameter s and features audits of the network.
- Mentoring performance and enhance KPIs of network by using Business Objects,
- Mapinfo, Winfiol, Ericsson OSS, TEMS.
- Network capacity dimensioning and re-dimensioning.
- Drive test analysis and route optimization.
- Analyze & Troubleshoot VoLTE Performance including SRVCC
- Strong understanding of Ericsson 4G features and algorithms like scheduling, power
- control, resource allocation, load sharing, 3G/LTE traffic balancing, etc.
- Should be familiar with RNO tools like FAS/FOX, NCS/NOX, MRR, MTR, CTR.
- Must have good skills of MS office including Excel, MS Access, Power Point.
- Good understanding and hands on experience of 2G/3G optimization is a plus.
- Must have worked on ERA, ECO
- Must have strong knowledge of general optimization techniques
- Not less than 3 years of experience in 4G Ericsson optimization and 3 on other
- Competent 3G skills & background in Ericsson product
- Able to carry out daily optimization tasks and suggest measures to improve network
- accessibility and retainability KPI’s like CSSR, Drop rate, HOSR, HS/Eul Thpt, etc.
- Strong team player and able to finish tasks in assigned time limits.
- Required Personal skills:
- Ability to interact with customer
- Provides support to customers in field of expertise
- Result oriented with focus on product quality and customer satisfaction
- End-user / customer problem investigation
- Team player, open communication and ability to work in international team
- Excellent Communication skills
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Saudi Arabia (SA) || || Riyadh || ServEng
Req ID: 236053