Ericsson Optimization Engineer in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment and services to mobile and fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business and society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people and society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment where employees enhance their potential everyday. Our employees live our vision, core values and guiding principles. They share a passion to win and a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning and growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to reach your career goals.
The Optimization job role purpose is to improve the overall service quality to ensure business consistency.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Infrastructure Capacity, performance Analysis & solution definition
- Capacity & performance Improvement
- End-user Quality of Service Optimization
- Operation Services
- Operational Readiness
- Shared Solutions Services
- Presentation & communication skills
- Knowledge sharing
- Problem Solving & strategic thinking
- Delivering Results & Meeting Customer Expectations
- Deciding & Initiating Action
- Planning & Organizing
- Applying Expertise & Technology
- Presenting & Communicating Information
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- A minimum of 7 years work experience in RF Planning & Optimization for UMTS/GSM.
- At least 4 years good working knowledge and experience on WCDMA Optimization and RF Design
- Having good previous GRAN experience is a requirement, 3 years at least.
Preferred Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- WCDMA Optimization expertise requirements:
- Very good understanding of the GSM & WCDMA functionalities and concept.
- Very good understanding of the RAN Hardware functionalities.
- Very good understanding of the RAN and EPC architecture and main interfaces.
- Very good understanding of 2G RBS and BSC Parameters, with ability of tuning and defining of baseline
- Very Good understanding of WCMDA parameters and features.
- Strong understanding of 2G & 3G networks/technologies interoperability and related features and parameters
- interacting on that, hands on experience is a must.
- Analysis of KPIs, investigation and improvement of network quality problems
- Having very good analysis ability for conducting different traces including call follows.
- Ability to identify and propose new features in order to improve network KPI and conduct FNI filed tests for
- Ability to conduct Cluster/Network optimization activities and suggest new action and strategies to improve
- network performance
- Ability to create routines and checks to speedup network management and problem identification.
- Strong ability of troubleshooting and problem fixing on site and cluster/network level
- Required Personal skills:
- Strong Communication and Consultative skills
- Ability to interact with customer High management level
- Provides support to customers in field of expertise
- Result oriented with focus on product quality and customer satisfaction
- End-user / customer problem investigation
- Team player, open communication, and ability to work in international team
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Saudi Arabia (SA) || || Riyadh || ServEng
Req ID: 236056